Current vacancies within OHP
OUR HEALTH PARTNERSHIP
SALARIED DOCTORS – Aimed at Doctors over 55 years old
Are you a partner or salaried GP who is thinking of exiting the profession?
Would you consider staying in the profession if the role and circumstances were right?
Would you like to be part of the biggest partnership in the country?
4 new posts:
OHP is a super partnership covering Birmingham and Shropshire. We are the largest single GP partnership in the country. Nationally we are leading the way in terms of developing new models of care and we have been successful in bidding for national funding to develop options around retaining GPs in the profession and most recently been successful in been awarded over £1m to develop an Integrated Care programme of work across Birmingham and Solihull.
We currently have 38 GP practices; these practices range from a 17 partner multi-location practice (covering 20,000 patients) to single handed GP practices. You will be joining an organization that has 186 partners and c 70 salaried doctors (total staff c900)
We have been successful in obtaining national funding through NHS E to explore different ways of retaining GPs who are thinking of leaving the profession. This is a national pilot over 11 pilot sites – all looking to create something that can be shared and increase the number of GPs.
Our proposal focused on the appointment of salaried doctors that would operate over OHPs 38 practices – both in Birmingham and Shropshire. The cover that the successful post holders will be undertaking could be one of three levels which we at OHP have called Flexible Plus, Flexible Standard and Flexible Light.
Flexible Plus –These sessions cover the whole range of work that is covered by existing partners. Evidence show that exiting partners welcome the opportunity to work flexibly and would like to be part of the whole patient care. This is offered at a rate of a higher level to recognize that this is something that is, in effect ore complex.
Flexible Light – These sessions offer the success post holder the chance to cover practice work that does not involve direct patient contact. The rate of pay will reflect the level of complexity of the cover. The type of work that this role would include is reviewing practice blood results, signing scripts, checking Docman and workflowed letters and reports (for example). The post holder will cover sessions where the intensity is different without patient contact, and the practice GPs can concentrate on the clinical patient demand.
Flexible Standard – this gives the post holder the opportunity to provide cover more like a standard locum session.
The successful candidates can work flexibly part-time, full time, — these are role where we will be really testing how flexibility can help the profession and general practice
These are posts with a difference. The post holders will experience a range of different practices across OHP so if you want to experience variety and different styles of delivery of services you may wish to consider these opportunities
Applications are invited via covering letter and CV to be sent to:
Lesley Evans, Operations Director
Our Health Partnership
88 Highfield Lane
Birmingham B32 1QX
Alternatively, please email our Operations Director, Lesley Evans on email@example.com or telephone Dr. Bavna Kallan, GP Partner at Dove Medical Practice on 0121 465 5739 or Dr. Phil Saunders, GP Partner at Ridgacre Medical Centres on 0121 422 3111.
The posts are initially fixed term for 12 months (but could be extended)
As a large and vibrant organization with 38 Practices and growing, there are always new opportunities on the horizon, and we are keen to explore new ways of working. If you are interested in working more flexibly, please get in touch!
Medical Receptionist Post – Bordesley Green Surgery
Are you a great communicator?
Do you have a proactive problem-solving attitude?
Can you multi-task and remain calm under pressure?
We are looking for a passionate individual to join our busy medical practice. As a receptionist you will act as a first point of contact for all patients and staff queries. This is a vital role within the practice and we need someone with plenty of passion and motivation to hit the ground running.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Meet and greet patients
- Manage all incoming telephone and email queries in a professional and friendly manner
- Deal with all general enquiries, explain procedures and make new and follow-up appointments. This requires a helpful attitude even when experiencing negative, unresponsive and sometimes verbally abusive behaviour from patients.
- Assisting staff with queries
- Ensuring the reception is a welcoming area and always looks its best for visitors
- Patient notes and correspondence:
- Retrieve and re-file records as required, ensuring strict alphabetical order is adhered to
- Ensure correspondence, reports, results/scanned etc are filed promptly and in the correct records, ensuring that all recent correspondence is available when patients are seen.
- Ensure that all new patients are registered onto the computer system promptly and accurately
- Be familiar with EMIS Web (training provided)
- Clerical duties such as scanning, faxing, letter writing, emailing, posting
- All other duties as required.
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Most importantly, you’ll be friendly, enthusiastic and proactive
- Excellent team working skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with a wide array of people
- Ability to handle multiple requests and work in a fast paced and often demanding environment.
- Have a positive ‘can do’ attitude and be willing to help out at any point.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to accurately complete tasks, assignments and responsibilities in timely manner.
- Able to demonstrate high level of initiative and proactivity.
- Ability to prioritise and multi task
- Ability to remain calm, courteous and polite in all circumstances.
- Good time keeping is essential
This a Part Time Position 16-18 Hours per week.
Individual must FLEXIBLE
The post holder will work in the reception / administration area as part of a team of administration and clerical staff. They will assist the reception team in providing administrative support to the health care team, which will include completing administrative tasks and reception duties.
It is important to carry out any other duties required by your supervisor as directed, and to do them with a positive attitude. You will be expected to adhere to health and safety procedures and general office and reception maintenance at all times.
- Empathic – to clients situations and needs
- Friendly / Approachable personality
- Motivated to learn – ask questions use initiative
- Enthusiastic – able to show that you want to be there and want to learn
- Positive attitude
- Good time keeper
Things to consider Working in the healthcare industry can be fast paced and demanding. You can expect to be watching and learning the general office processes at first. Successful candidates will need to complete a DBS check prior to starting and this will require in-date photographic ID such as passport or driving licence to be provided – please ensure you have this documentation.
Please contact the Practice manager at Nusrat.firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and covering letter.
The Manor Practice – Sutton Coldfield
Do you worry about the future of General Practice?
Come and work with us in a great area of the West Midlands!
We have an exceptional team that we are developing to support patient need and demand, we work collaboratively with other Practices to sustain our future and we are looking for an enthusiastic and committed GP to join us for mid-November if possible.
The vacancy is for a full time salaried GP with a view to partnership working 8 sessions per week plus a share in the rota for extended hours surgeries, currently Monday evenings and Saturday mornings.
- High QOF achievements and a wide range of enhanced services.
- 16,000 patients with 5 partners, 3 salaried GPs, 1 ST3, 1FY2, 1ANP,
- 2 minor illness nurses, 6 practice nurses and 2 HCA’s.
- We are a training practice.
- 2 practice premises.
- Active engagement with OHP, PPG, CCG and the further development of primary care within our locality.
- Leafy suburb with good schools.
To apply :-
Please see our website www.manorpracticejamespreston.co.uk
And email your CV along with a handwritten covering letter to – email@example.com
Closing Date 20th October 2017.
BARTLEY GREEN MEDICAL PRACTICE
Salaried GP Post
We are looking for an enthusiastic GP to take up a post as a Salaried Doctor (with a view to possible partnership) within our experienced practice team.
We are looking for a GP who can work 5 sessions to include teaching students. Ideally you will have, or want to develop an interest in COPD.
We are a well-established, hardworking practice aiming to deliver quality health care for our patients whilst maintaining a good work/life balance.
For further information or an informal chat please contact
Cheryl Vernon Practice Business Manager 0121 476 8550
Application by CV and covering letter or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 20th October 2017
SUTTON COLDFIELD GROUP PRACTICE
PART-TIME MEDICAL SECRETARY
We are looking to recruit a part time medical secretary to join our team in Sutton Coldfield.
The role is for 25 hours per week with flexibility to cover, if required, at our 6 GP surgery locations in the area.
The main location with be Ley Hill Surgery and digital dictation software is in place to enable some cover for other sites.
Experience in General Practice is preferred but candidates with alternative medical secretarial experience will also be considered.
This role will suit a person with energy, enthusiasm and commitment and provides an opportunity to join a strong and capable team.
Closing date: 25th October 2017