Lordswood Medical Group – Salaried GP Vacancy (with the opportunity for future partnership)
Would you like to work for a practice that is forward-thinking, embraces the challenges of modern General Practice and aims to provide innovative services? If so, we would love to hear from you as we have a vacancy for a GP to work across our group of 3 sites.
Our group is part of Our Health Partnership, one of the UK’s biggest GP partnerships, with the aim to provide better healthcare for patients and better support for GP practices in the Midlands area. www.ourhealthpartnership.com
Lordswood Medical Group has:
· Three sites, Lordswood House, Quinborne Medical Practice and Quinton Family Practice
· A team of 16 partners and 5 salaried GPs
· Partners and Salaried GPs as trainers to students and registrars
· A management team working across all three sites
· A group list size of 25,000 patients
· High QOF and ACE achievement year on year
· Partner-owned buildings portfolio
· Significant representation within the CCG and STP
· An excellent nursing and HCA team
· Skilled reception and admin teams that offer a full range of administrative support to clinical staff
· Two on site pharmacies at Lordswood House and Quinborne Medical Practice (privately owned)
We are looking for a GP who shares our values of offering high quality patient centered care. In return we can offer:
· The opportunity for future partnership
· An excellent remuneration package based on qualifications, skills and experience
· Up to 8 sessions per week on a permanent basis
· The opportunity for supported CPD including regular clinical and team meetings and mentoring from colleagues
· The opportunity to teach students
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you then please apply with your CV and detailed covering letter to Angie Newton, Business Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date is 5pm on Monday 8th January 2018 and interviews will take place week commencing 22nd January 2018.
Informal visits are very welcome at any of our three sites.
For an informal discussion about the role or if you have any queries, please contact Angie Newton on 0121 478 5120.
OHP Central – Head of Finance
Who Are We?
Our Health Partnership (OHP) is a super partnership covering practices in Birmingham and Shropshire. We are the largest single GP partnership in the country. We have 38 GP practices, c187 GP partners and c950 staff. We provide care to 340,000 population. Our practices range from a large practice with in excess of 17 partners serving 25,000 patients to single-handed practices service 2,500 patients.
We offer a unique model offering GP practices autonomy to run their own affairs but providing them a safety net to be able to be resilient and to look to strengthen for the future. We have 4 key objectives:
Ø Make life better for patients and partners
Ø Create efficiencies for our partner practices
Ø Ensuring sustainability for our organisation
Ø Developing our organisation
Our practices work under a autonomy model however the accounts and finances are managed by one central team.
What is our structure?
OHP central function is a small team, which follows the ethos of practice autonomy. Within the OHP central team there is an Operations team and also a Finance team under the leadership and direction of a Finance Director. Currently the Finance Director is supported by two technical accountants
What are the finance responsibilities?
The Finance Director and the finance team are responsible for the production of practice accounts, provide business and finance advice to the partners and practices, and ensuring that all the finances of OHP are robust and strong. We are starting to think about our finance offer to our practices and our interaction with our external partners and because of this we are looking for an Head of Finance to support the Finance Director as we embark on our next stage of development as during this exciting and challenging period.
What is the role?
The development of an internal finance function to support the accounting and financial information needs of our partners is a key element of OHP’s business development programme. The continued expansion of the Partnership has created a need for an individual who is able to take on the day to day responsibility for delivering a client focused finance service for our partners, and to provide support for the Director of Finance in the wider business agenda of OHP.
The post will deputize and work on behalf of the Finance Director and will support our practices in both our Birmingham and Shropshire areas
The duties and responsibilities for this new role will include
- Lead and manage OHP’s central finance team in the preparation of annual partnership accounts and other financial information for our practices;
- Develop & implement financial policies, procedures and controls to improve the accuracy/reliability of underlying accounting data and the efficiency/timeliness with which accounts can be prepared;
- Liaise with the Partnership’s external accounting advisors on matters relating to the partnership and/or individual partner accounts;
- Increase the range and quality of financial reporting information available to OHP’s practices e.g. cash-flow, partner drawings forecasts, benchmarking comparisons etc.. Assist in training practice managers/finance staff in the use of the Partnership’s Sage 200 cloud based accounting system;
- Provide advice/support to practice managers and staff on financial and accounting matters;
- Prepare monthly budget statements for the OHP central accounts and manage the associated receipts/payments and control account reconciliations;
- Manage the preparation of quarterly vat returns to HMRC;
- Assist in the development/roll-out of Sage 200 across the Partnership e.g. lead on the take-on of fixed asset data onto the system;
- Lead/manage the central finance team.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a CCAB qualified individual who can offer a client /customer focused service and able to demonstrate effective inter-personal skills. Be technically proficient in the preparation of annual accounts independently to a final stage;
A self-starter who is highly motivated who is a confident communicator. A high level of skill in Microsoft Excel is needed and a knowledge of SAGE 200 or similar is useful.
As we are a small team the ability to work in a process-oriented manner looking for improvements and efficiencies. Is essential coupled with effective personal organisational and time management skills.
There is a requirements to manage the team so therefore experience in management and leading a team would be extremely useful
The duties undertaken by the finance team which this role will be part of is unique and therefore experience of working with partnership accounts and of self-employed taxation would be advantageous.
The post holder must hold a valid UK driving license and have access to a motor vehicle as the role will entail visiting individual practice locations on a regular basis.
What are we offering?
The role is permanent position.
We are offering an annual salary of £40,000 to £45,000. Part-time and flexible working arrangements may be considered. The post will be based at the OHP offices which are in Quinton, Birmingham
If you wish to discuss anything about this opportunity please contact Paul Jarvis, Finance Director on 0121 422 1366 or email on email@example.com
Applications are invited via CV and covering letter or completion of application to:
88 Highfield Lane
Or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications to be received by 12th December 2017
Yardley Wood Health Centre
ADVANCED NURSE PRACTITIONER
Are you an enthusiastic Practitioner keen to work in a friendly, supportive environment?
We are looking to expand our team with a full time (or equivalent) Advanced Nurse Practitioner. This is a newly created role to complement our services, and an exciting opportunity for the right person(s).
Could this be your chance to join us?
As a Training Practice serving 9500 patients, we continue to proudly maintain collaborative links with local services, but also remain responsive to our patients’ needs.
An attractive package, dependant on skills and experience, is available for the right person(s).
To express your interest, please contact Practice Manager, Angela Styring (email@example.com) with a CV and covering letter telling us why you think you would be suited to this role.
Informal visits are welcomed.
Closing date 31.12.2017